Saturday, July 3, 2010

We have arrived!!

G'Day Mates!!

We have finally arrived in Sydney, Australia and cannot even believe it!!! The flights went really well, for myself it was a bit sticky and stressful as my plane was delayed in Buffalo, so by the time I got to Detroit I literally had to sprint from one terminal to the next in order to make my flight which left 10 min after I had landed.  Thankfully Kristen was there with food for me and we hopped on our flight to Los Angeles!!! It was great to finally be with my travelling buddy and see that our trip was actually happening!

To our great surprise as we were standing in line bording, and Kristen turns to me and says Jill...I think that's Hugh Jackman.  This is where I got super excited as I pretty much watched the movie Australia on repeat just for his shirtless scene! haha.  Needless to say it WAS him, and him and his family just happened to be sitting in the row behind us and across from me.  It's about time I got an aisle seat with something or rather someone great to look at!! haha.  No one really bothered him on the flight which was great, we tried to be creepers and get him in our pictures haha.  He seemed to be a really down to earth person, taking care of his kids...reading a book and wearing track pants and a tshirt (in which his biceps are just as fantastic in!) 

In L.A we had to literally run to our next gate to catch the flight to Sydney.  We left a little late, and our flight ended up being about 15.5 hours.  The weather was great thanfully, and there wasn't too much turbulence which I was thankful for, and Kristen as well (since that on her first flight it was bad and she got a little sick).  Our feet did swell a little which we were worried about, but we have had no troubles since.  We got fed well, and watched plenty of movies, played games and listened to music.  Kristen was able to get a fair amount of sleep...me on the other hand, not so much.  I'm running on about 4.5 hrs and due to my flights have been on the plane for 24.5 hrs straight.  It's nice to be on solid ground again!

As for today, we have checked into our hotel just outside of Sydney Harbour.  We are going to grab some brunch, find the Rock Market (which is supposed to be a great outdoor market), and head to bed early.  Tomorrow we spend the day in Sydney again, and then head back to the airport to catch our evening flight to Auckland!  We are also doing a video blog which we have hilariously started...so once we figure out how to upload those videos and pictures there will be much more to look at!!!

Love, Jill and Krissie.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hun..glad to see you both made it there safe..its almost 1pm (Sun)here and I know you're sleeping now and am sure you needed that after that long flight. So you got to see Jackman, that's great, sure he was worth the flight lol.
    just wanted to drop in and say Hi and have a wonderful trip...love you and stay safe..Mom xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete